Xel-Ha The Natural Wonder Xel-Ha invites us to live all the magic and adventure of nature with its most surprising concept: All-Inclusive Xel-Ha. With the all-inclusive entrance you obtain unlimited surprises that make you visit a fascinating one.
Enjoy a breakfast Buffet full of wonders ready for you. Recharge your energy during your day with all the snacks. Enjoy your favorite drinks and eat in restaurants all day long. Have fun choosing from a selection of international food a la carte, Mexican Buffet, and International Buffet. Sweeten your taste with all the exquisite ice cream. Pamper yourself without limit.
The all-inclusive Xel-Ha entrance prepares you for the best experience: snorkel equipment plus a gift snorkel tube, lockers and all the towels you need. You will also count on live-vests, bicycles, inner tubes, showers, bathrooms, dressing rooms, lounge chairs and hammocks. All the water, adventure and land wonders await you with your All-Inclusive entrance.
Snorkel and amaze yourself with the most spectacular natural aquarium. Shout loud from the highest point and feel the adrenaline of the Cliff of Courage.
Discover the river and let the magic current take you. Visit the Black Lagoon and row towards a new horizon of silence and peace. Explore many more wonders!
History The Maya christened the area Xel-Há. Xel for source or spring, and ha for water, so the name roughly translates ‘where the water is born’ or ‘source of the water’. The Maya availed themselves of its perfect location during prehispanic times and used it as a port and safe harbor when navigating these coasts. Legend says the Mayan gods pooled their wisdom, dreams and love of beauty to create a place where the best of the Caribbean came together. They called it Xel-Há and were so pleased with their work, they decided to let in the mortals, but not before establishing the iguana and the parrotfish as the “Guardians of Xel-Ha”, keepers of the land and sea respectively.
General Description Xel-Há is a marvelous creation of nature, a collection of coves, lagoons, cenotes and caves where seawater merges with the sweet water of the Yucatán’s underground rivers.
Location Xel-Há is located 122 km / 76 mi. south of Cancún, on the Cancún- Tulum highway, in Quintana Roo, Mexico.
Area Xel-Há covers an area of 84 hectares, 14 of which are bodies of water, 64 jungle and six construction.
Attractions • Snorkel The most impressive aquatic experience in the Mexican Caribbean • River The Mexican Caribbean’s most whimsical shore
• Path, caves Discover the secrets of the Mayan jungle, step by step • Bridges Always something new on the other side • “Paraíso” Cenote Adam and Eve should have been so lucky • “Aventura” Cenote A refreshing dip in the sacred waters of the Maya
• Swim with Dolphins Contact with the most surprising of marine intelligences
• Mayan Cave A corner of history lost in time. • Train to the river Ride through the jungle to the start of the river • Floating Bridge The sensation of walking on water
• Hammock Island Nothing better for restoring the energy used in the water • Bicycles A tour on wheels in the middle of the jungle • Archaeological Zone The remains of an ancient Mayan port • Mangroves Amazing vegetation at the start of the river • Plant Nursery The hand of man in the world of plants
• Children’s Playground A place overrun with smiling faces • Natural Well The perfect place to refresh the body and still the mind. • Path of Consciousness Sculpture and ‘food for thought’ within the park • Beach Lovely border between jungle and sea • Acuaventura Become an expert, responsible snorkeler • Massage Center The art of relaxation in two miraculous hands
Services • Restaurants: 6 ( open from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) • Ice Cream stands • Shops • Sunbeds • Floating Fun Tubes • Lifevests • Aquatic games • Bathrooms, showers, dressing rooms • Parking • Information Center • Photography Center • First Aid Station with ambulance • Strollers and wheel chairs Rentals: • Full snorkel gear • Lockers • Towels Park Hours The park is open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Getting There: You can drive to Xel-Há in a rental car or private vehicle, or go by taxi or bus. There is a shuttle service from the highway to the park entrance for those arriving by bus.
If you come here, come early because it gets VERY crowded and if you want to swim with dolphins I recommend making reservations on the web before you go because the tickets for that always sell out. Again, I recommend driving as opposed to taking a tour bus. Also, if you have smaller children and don’t want to go snorkeling you can take a tube ride down one of Xel-ha’s gorgeous tropical rivers. Keep in mind that conventional sunblock is not allowed here because it harms the fish, so you will have to purchase a packet of biodegradable sunblock when you get here. Don’t try going without!