Meetings and Incentive travellers in Cancun Expo and conference June 2 2009
Meeting place caribbean is the most professional trade show in the Caribbean for the Meeting and Incentive industry with the participation of buyers who organizes or make monetary decisions for meetings and incentives and suppliers offering the best destinations, properties and services for this market.
Mundo Editorial, editor and publisher of the trade magazine of Mexico: “Convenciones”, as well as Avanti Meetings & Incentives, are directly involved in the organization of mpc 2008 with the support of the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau, Riviera Maya Tourism Board the Ministry of Tourism and the Mexico Tourism Board.
THE FIVE mpc ELEMENTS
The event is divided in five equally important elements to reach expected results, always thinking on the buyers and their needs:
1. Seminars.- Education will be given by incentive and meeting planners from the USA and the EU who hold events in Mexico and the Caribbean regularly. Attendees will learn how to do business, and find solutions when organizing events in this area.
2. Trade show.- Designed so that buyers might, on the basis of pre-established appointments, research and inquire on tourism destinations, facilities and specialized services.
3. City orientation visit.- Cancun is a warm, friendly and exciting destination, full of tastes and colors, suitable for conventions and incentives. A tour around the city to discover its beauty and the site’s attractions will be part of the general program.
4. Pre and Post.- extended stay.- Only for foreign buyers.That way the participants have a chance to experience Cancun and see what is has to discover for the Meeting and Incentive business as well as getting some free time to relax in the Riviera Maya.
5. Networking.- Enjoy public relations, meet your peers, learn how they manage their own business and react to the same problems you find in the industry and see others’ points of view about future conventions and incentives.
a) The event will take place in Cancun, a well communicated venue with sufficient flights from abroad.
b) Buyers program format will include seminars, a social events program along with one and a half days of trade show and one afternoon of city tour.
a) Incentive and meeting planners mainly from Mexico, USA, Canada and Europe.
b) Exhibitors of tourism venues, facilities and services.
c) National and foreign speakers.
d) National and foreign tourism specialized press.
International and national press will promote and cover mpc 2008.
The Board of Directors is formed by 3 members and the support of a Marketing Board:
a) The Ministry of Tourism of Mexico: SECTUR
b) The Mexico Tourism Board: CPTM.
c) Mundo Editorial and AVANTI Meetings and Incentives
d) Marketing Board
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE DECISIONS
Planning decisions and strategies, as well as the site selection are made by the Board of Directors.